Give thanks to the Lord, our God and King, His love endures forever. For He is good, He is above all things, His love endures forever. Sing praise! Sing praise! With a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, His love endures forever. For the life that’s been reborn, His love endures forever. Sing praise! Sing praise! Sing praise! Sing praise!
What makes you thankful? What causes you to praise God with a thankful heart?
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year. Family and friends gather to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal at a table filled with the bounty that the Lord has blessed you with. Summer is gone and the temperatures are a lot cooler. Refreshing weather marks the beginning of the holiday stretch that brings us to the New Year. Just the word ‘Thanksgiving’ conjures up thoughts of thankfulness. How could it not? Many circumstances and situations in our daily lives surprisingly turn out in ways we could not have predicted but they often turn out in wonderful ways. Who do we thank? Who deserves our thanks?
God. Period. He is the only God and He deserves our thanks and our praise.
- Psalm 72:18-19 – Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, who alone does wondrous things. Blessed be his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory! Amen and Amen!
- Psalm 69:30 – I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
- Psalm 66:5 – Come and see what God has done; he is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man.
Here is an awesome reason to thank the Lord…
- Isaiah 40:28-31 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Thank you, Lord!
Here is another awesome verse. Just reading this verse should bring about a thankful heart. It reads,
- Isaiah 41:13 – “For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”
Thank you, Lord!
As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, be mindful of your blessings and take the time to sincerely say, “Thank you, Lord!”
- Revelation 7:12 – “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”